“Celebrating Houghton Lake” Members Choice Awards for 2018
The Houghton Lake Chamber will once again be recognizing outstanding businesses and individuals in the nine categories listed below. All nominations of a business or individual are submitted by members via a form mailed to them earlier that year and returned back to the Houghton Lake Chamber of Commerce. All Business nominations MUST be a member of the Houghton Lake Chamber of Commerce. The Citizen of the Year and Organization of the Year do not need to be a member.
The categories are:
1. Business of the Year: To the business that has exemplified excellence in all fields including community service, customer service, been an example to other businesses in the community, and been a leader in their industry and in the community as a whole.
2. Citizen of the Year: To a member of the community who participated in service organizations, charitable and volunteer activities, and/or political or religious entities. Someone who has strong moral ties to groups or volunteer projects in Houghton Lake.
3. New Business of the Year: To a business that has brought something new, stimulating, and valuable to the community while working hard to become involved and emerged in the culture of Houghton Lake.
4. Organization of the Year: To the organization that has exemplified excellence in all fields including community service, setting an example to their organization in the community, and being a leader in their organization and the community as a whole.
5. Longevity Award: To a business that has withstood the test of time and has sincere relationships with the community and their clients.
6. Hospitality Award: To a business that has consistently provided professional, friendly, and helpful service above and beyond customer expectations.
7. Beautification Award: To a business that has shown great effort and pride in making their business stand out in appearance both inside and out.
Lakeside Resort & Conference Center
100 Clearview Dr, Houghton Lake, MI 48629